Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some more CoCo love...

Well, I spent a little quality time with my newly repaired and upgraded CoCo3 yesterday. After reassembling everything, I played Donkey Kong for a while.

Which reminds me, last week when I was playing DK, my daughter and her boyfriend were over. He heard the sound FX coming from my office and came in to watch. I got the expected 'what the hell is that?' remark. I said 'Donkey Kong', what, you've never seen it?' His reply was, 'I've played Donkey Kong on in the SNES, but, it didn't look anything like that.' So I offered him a shot to play it. He never made it to the fourth girder on the first level. He hung his head and exclaimed 'Old skool kicked my ass...'

I told him this wasn't a sappy ass run-and-shoot game you can buy for a PS3 and solve it a few hours. The goal is to see how high of a score you can get, and how many levels up. I then consoled him some before telling him he got his ass handed to him by an 8-bit computer!!!

At any rate, I got out my old Botek serial->parallel converter yesterday, downloaded the manual to my Okidata Microline 320 Turbo dot matrix printer (could not remember how to set the damn thing up to save my life) and played around with TW80 and WordPower3.3. While doing some printing, my 10 year old daughter ran in a asked 'Daddy, what's wrong with the printer?' I said 'What do you mean?' She replied with 'I see it works but something has to be wrong with it to be so LOUD!!!' Kids, they crack me up...


Later,

Brian

No comments: