Friday, June 08, 2007

A few new goodies

Well, the auction goods came in. The CCR-83 looks pretty good and seems to work. I have not taken the CoCo3 home yet, but, it is a little more marked up that the picture shows. Which is okay as I have plans for this one. Let's just say there is another repack project brewing. :-)

I will say I'm a little torqued off about the packaging. The box was an appropriate size, but, the packing material used was shredded paper. Wouldn't have been so bad if the contents had been wrapped and sealed. I gotta take the CoCo3 apart and clean the paper out before I can even turn the damn thing on. Guess the seller figured he'd cut cost since it cost $12.45 to ship an auction I only paid $8.25. Not my fault he screwed up on the postage. If he'd have told me, I'd have PayPal'd the difference.

I also picked up this auction: Tandy Speech and Sound Pak. Briza (somehow) talked me into doing a review article for Mary, and a comparison of it and my Ti99-4/A and it's speech module. Guess I'm gonna have to bone up on the hardware in both systems again (it's amazing what the brain looses over time). Hopefully Mary will not read this for a while and I have some time to come up to speed.

No comments: