Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Update with some Pics


Here's a pic of the CoCo3 mobo. This mod was far less nerve-racking than the MPI was. One jumper, remove a transistor and attach the proper voltages where they need to go. Bingo!!!!




This one I fretted over for a fews days prior to doing, as it is my ONLY MPI. It worked out well that Cloud9 had already completed the PAL upgrade before I even got the thing. Knowing how sensitive these are, I put it off as long as I could. Removing the IC (9) I think, was the hardest part. The instructions I followed didn't say anything about removing Q1, but, after looking at the schematics I did it anyway since with the base and emitter disconnected from the circuit it was pretty useless...

(I'll post more later on since I do not have the docs in front of me right now...)

No comments: